Why not just "google" to get information for my research paper?
Top 10 Reasons Why not to Google for School Research*:1) Google is an adult search engine, created for adult like searches
2) Google is geared towards commerece, not education.
3) Google automatically combines keywords and may give results with unrelated information.
4) Google does not consider authority (who posts info).
5) Google does not consider reliability (accuracy) of information gathered.
6) Google does not consider bias of information.
7) Google likely finds an overwhelming amount of results which is very inefficient for students to weed out unrelated information.
8) Google does not consider readability for students' reading levels.
9) Google has a page ranking system where likely, the best educationally sound result is not in the top 10 hits.
And . . .
10) Google functions based upon a quick parallel processing algorithm that groups results based upon likeness with the keywords.
* Found at www.merton.k12.wi.us/faculty/wieczorekS/nogoogle.cfm on Mar. 26, 2012.